Whether you are looking for a quote to share with a loved one, or hoping that one of these resonates with you, here are my 10 favorite quotes about mental health! Some are from professional therapists, survivors, and even celebrities. Take and share what resonates with you and feel free to leave the rest!
1.“You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.” — Lori Deschene
- “There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in” ― Leonard Cohen
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin
- “You are the one thing in this world, above all other things, that you must never give up on. When I was in middle school, I was struggling with severe anxiety and depression and the help and support I received from my family and a therapist saved my life. Asking for help is the first step. You are more precious to this world than you’ll ever know.” — Lili Reinhart
- “Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary.” — Fred Rogers
- “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” ― John Green
- “Many survivors insist they’re not courageous: ‘If I were courageous, I would have stopped the abuse.’ ‘If I were courageous, I wouldn’t be scared’… Most of us have it mixed up. You don’t start with courage and then face fear. You become courageous because you face your fear.” ― Laura Davis
- “Part of my identity is saying no to things I don’t want to do… I check in with myself throughout the day and I say, ‘Do I really want to do this?’ and if the answer is no, then I don’t do it. And you shouldn’t either.” — Lady Gaga
- “Two things can be true. You can love your family and have deep wounds as a result of your family experiences.” — Nedra Glover Tawwab
- “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” — Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Which mental health quote is your favorite? We would love for you to share your favorite inspirational quotes with us and our community!